Welcome to The Affective Social Multimedia Computing 2015
---An ACII2015 Workshop
New! Congratulations! The workshop was successfully organized in Xi’an. Thank you for your participation! Please see some photos. Enjoy! More photos, please click here to download.
New! The most interesting workshop paper has been awarded to the following paper:
Title: Hierarchical Modeling of Temporal Course in Emotional Expression for Speech Emotion Recognition
Authors: Chung-Hsien Wu, Jen-Chun Lin, Wei-Bin Liang, Kuan-Chun Cheng
A USD300 cash award was also given to the winner!
Looking forward to seeing you in the next workshop! The information about next workshop will be released soon! Stay tuned.
Call for Papers
Social multimedia is fundamentally changing the way how we communicate, interact, and collaborate in our daily lives. Recent advances in multimedia computing attract an increase in the research on multimedia content analysis, indexing and retrieval based on subjective concepts such as emotion, aesthetics, and preference. Different from the traditional content-based retrieval methods, the affective social media computing aims to process affective content from social multimedia. As the availability of massive and heterogeneous social media data, the problem becomes challenging because it requires multidisciplinary understanding of content and perceptional cues from social multimedia. From the multimedia perspective, research relies on the theoretical and technological findings in affective computing, machine learning, pattern recognition, signal/multiemedia processing, computer vision, behavior and social psychology. Affective analysis of social multimedia is attracting growing attention from industry and businesses that provide social networking sites, content-sharing services, distribute and host the media.
This workshop focuses on the analysis of affective signals in social multimedia (e.g., twitter, weichat, weibo, youtube, facebook, etc). It seeks contributions on various aspects of affective computing in social multimedia on related theory, methodology, algorithms and techniques.
The workshop will address, but is not limited to, the following topics:
- Affective/Emotional content analysis of images, videos, music, metadata (text, symbols, etc.)
- Affective indexing, ranking, and retrieval on big social media data
- Affective computing in social multimedia by multimodal integration (face expression, gesture, posture, speech, text/language)
- Emotional implicit tagging and interactive systems
- User interests and behavior modeling in social multimedia
- Video and image summarization based on affect
- Affective analysis of social media and harvesting the affective response of crowd
- Affective generation in social multimedia, expressive text-to-speech and expressive language translation
- Applications of affective social multimedia computing
The best paper award(s)
The workshop will select the best paper with a cash award from sponsors. In order to promote this emergent research area, we currently seek to publish a special issue or a special section on affective social multimedia in a relevant journal. If successful, the extensions of the best paper(s) and honorable mention papers will have a priority to be included into the special issue or session of the journal.