Welcome to The Affective Social Multimedia Computing 2017
---An INTERSPEECH2017 Satellite Workshop
The technical program is availabel!.
The invited talk information can be found from here.
The workshop venue information can be found from here.
Paper submission system is open. Click here to submit your paper.
Call for Papers PDF Flyer
Affective social multimedia computing is an emergent research topic for both affective computing and multimedia research communities. Social multimedia is fundamentally changing how we communicate, interact, and collaborate with other people in our daily lives. Comparing with well-organized broadcast news and professionally made videos such as commercials, TV shows, and movies, social multimedia media computing imposes great challenges to research communities. Social multimedia contains much affective information. Effective extraction of affective information from social multimedia can greatly help social multimedia computing (e.g., processing, index, retrieval, and understanding). Although much progress has been made in traditional multimedia research on multimedia content analysis, indexing, and retrieval based on subjective concepts such as emotion, aesthetics, and preference, affective social multimedia computing is a new research area. The affective social multimedia computing aims to proceed affective information from social multi-media. For massive and heterogeneous social media data, the research requires multidisciplinary understanding of content and perceptional cues from social multimedia. From the multimedia perspective, the research relies on the theoretical and technological findings in affective computing, machine learning, pattern recognition, signal/multimedia processing, computer vision, speech processing, behavior and social psychology. Affective analysis of social multimedia is attracting growing attention from industry and businesses that provide social networking sites, content-sharing services, distribute and host the media. This workshop focuses on the analysis of affective signals in interaction and social multimedia (e.g., twitter, wechat, weibo, youtube, facebook, etc).
The first and second ASMMC workshop has been successfully held in Xi’an, China on September 21, 2015 and Seattle, USA on July 15, 2016, respectively. The 3rd workshop will come to Stockholm, Sweden, as an Satellite workshop of INTERSPEECH 2017, a flagship conference on the science and technology of spoken language processing.
It seeks contributions on various aspects of affective computing in interaction and social multimedia on related theory, methodology, algorithms, techniques, and applications.
- Affective human-machine interaction or human-human interaction
- Affective/Emotional content analysis of images, videos, music, metadata (text, symbols, etc.)
- Affective indexing, ranking, and retrieval on big social media data
- Affective computing in social multimedia by multimodal integration (face expression, gesture, posture, speech, text/language)
- Emotional implicit tagging and interactive systems
- User interests and behavior modeling in social multimedia
- Video and image summarization based on affect
- Affective analysis of social media and harvesting the affective response of crowd
- Affective generation in social multimedia, expressive text-to-speech and expressive language translation
- Applications of affective social multimedia computing
Submission deadline: June 16, 2017
Notification of acceptance: June 29, 2017
Deadline for final camera-ready workshop papers submission: July 18, 2017
Date of the Workshop: August 25, 2017