The Affective Social Multimedia Computing 2018
--An ACMMM 2018 Satellite Workshop
Call for Papers
Affective social multimedia computing is an emergent research topic for both affective computing and multimedia research communities. Social multimedia is fundamentally changing how we communicate, interact, and collaborate with other people in our daily lives. Comparing with well-organized broadcast news and professionally made videos such as commercials, TV shows, and movies, social multimedia computing imposes great challenges to research communities. Social multimedia contains much affective information. Effective extraction of affective information from social multimedia can greatly help social multimedia computing (e.g., processing, index, retrieval, and understanding). Although much progress has been made in traditional multimedia research on multimedia content analysis, indexing, and retrieval based on subjective concepts such as emotion, aesthetics, and preference, affective social multimedia computing is a new research area. The affective social multimedia computing aims to proceed affective information from social multi-media. For massive and heterogeneous social media data, the research requires multidisciplinary understanding of content and perceptional cues from social multimedia. From the multimedia perspective, the research relies on the theoretical and technological findings in affective computing, machine learning, pattern recognition, signal/multimedia processing, computer vision, speech processing, behavior and social psychology. Affective analysis of social multimedia is attracting growing attention from industry and businesses that provide social networking sites, content-sharing services, distribute and host the media. This workshop focuses on the analysis of affective signals in social multimedia (e.g., twitter, weichat, weibo, youtube, facebook, etc).
The first, second and third ASMMC workshop has been successfully held in Xi’an, China on September 21, 2015, Seattle, USA on July 15, 2016 and Stockholm, Sweden on August 25, 2017, respectively. The 4th workshop will come to Seoul, Korea, as a Satellite workshop of ACMMM 2018, an international premier technical conference to showcase the scientific achievements and industrial innovations in the multimedia field.
It seeks contributions on various aspects of affective computing in social multimedia on related theory, methodology, algorithms and techniques.
The workshop will address, but is not limited to, the following topics:
- Affective human-machine interaction or human-human interaction
- Affective/Emotional content analysis of images, videos, music, metadata (text, symbols, etc.)
- Affective indexing, ranking, and retrieval on big social media data
- Affective computing in social multimedia by multimodal integration (face expression, gesture, posture, speech, text/language)
- Emotional implicit tagging and interactive systems
- User interests and behavior modeling in social multimedia
- Video and image summarization based on affect
- Affective analysis of social media and harvesting the affective response of crowd
- Affective generation in social multimedia, expressive text-to-speech and expressive language translation
- Applications of affective social multimedia computing
Submission of manuscripts:
July 8, 2018July 21, 2018 (Extended)
Notification of acceptance/rejection: August 5, 2018
Submission for camera-ready papers and author registration: August 12,2018
Workshop date: October 22 or 26,2018